Category archives: photography
- Project: Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown
Architects: Charles Correa Associates
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Client: The Champalimaud Foundation
Purpose: Translational Centre for Brain, Eye-sight and Cancer research
"This project uses the highest levels of contemporary science and medicine to help people grap[...]
- Casa per uno scapolo, Giulio Minoletti
Riproponiamo, a distanza di 70 anni dalla sua costruzione, alcuni frammenti tratti dall'articolo "Una stanza sul lago" pubblicato su Domus n.205 gennaio 1946.
Le foto a colori sono state scattate nel 2013 dall'architetto Gianluca Gelmini.
- An abandoned communist-era circus, located in the middle of Chisinau, the capital city of The Republic of Moldova, is not exactly high on the bucket-lists of travellers around the world. But maybe it should be. The abandoned circus building ticks all the right boxes. Soviet. Mid-century. Concrete. Incredible design. An[...]
- Of all the world's dodgy amusement parks, "Dismaland" might be the best.
Don't bring the kids, though. With Cinderella's corpse (coach crash) and an elderly woman being devoured by birds, it's not exactly family friendly.
Watch the trailer for Banksy's 'bemusement park'
- Sixty years ago, the Museum of Modern Art in New York presented Latin American Architecture Since 1945, turning attention to a part of the world that seemed ready to assume a major role in architecture and design. Military coups and economic turmoil in the 1960s and ’70s, though, put an end to such optimism. Now the re[...]
- Vivian Maier (February 1, 1926 – April 21, 2009) was an American street photographer born in New York City. Although born in the U.S., it was in France that Maier spent most of her youth. Maier returned to the U.S. in 1951 where she took up work as a nanny and care-giver for the rest of her life. In her leisure however[...]
- 20 projects photographed for Dutch company Océ, used in a publication on Finnish architect Alvar Aalto, 1998
Kim Zwarts (b. 1955) studied at the Academy of Applied Arts in Maastricht. He has worked as photographer on many architecture books, including monographs of Gerrit Th. Rietveld, Thom Mayne/Morphosis, Luis Bar[...]
- Playfully walking between urban facts and fictions, this exhibition by artist/photographer Max Colson presents a series of investigations on controlled urban areas.
The focus is privatised public space – urban environments which are nominally public, but owned and managed by commercial entities. The images on display [...]
- Jason Hawkes has specialized in aerial photography since 1991, is based just outside London in the UK, and works worldwide.
He shoots from single days for architectural visualisation companies to organising multi shoot ads for large ad agencies, annual reports, and even whole image libraries for branding agencies, wor[...]
- “Vorrei che fosse come un castello in rovina”
(Dr. Ottolenghi cita Carlo Scarpa)
Abbiamo visitato la villa in occasione di un viaggio studio del corso di progettazione del I anno del Politecnico di Milano, durante il quale gli studenti potessero osservare dal vivo un’opera del maestro veneziano Carlo Scarpa.
- OfHouses is a daily updated collection of old forgotten houses.
OfHouses publishes original material. OfHouses does not reblog.
OfHouses is old fashioned. OfHouses stubbornly writes full image captions and edits every image in a consistent format.
OfHouses invites architects, critics, theorists and bloggers to contr[...]
- By chance I discovered a phenomenon that set in motion a photographic journey that would span 12 years and 13 countries. Hunting for the most amazing road side bus shelters in the former Soviet Union would become my muse and my reason to travel.
During a cycling trip from London to St. Petersburg in the autumn of 2002[...]